Consultation are by appointments.
- Telehealth consultations are available now. Please call the practice to arrange and request further information about the process.
- Standard consultations: a standard appointment is 10 minutes. An appointment for a standard consultation should be made with your preferred doctor for your continuity of care or the next available doctor. Please ensure you advise our receptionist if you prefer a particular doctor or require prompt attention for matters such as chest pain, burns, eye injury etc.
- Long consultations are available upon request. If you feel you need more time with the doctor or have two or more issue to discuss. Please advise our receptionists, so that the correct time can be allocated.
- Home visit may be arranged depending on doctor availability on occasions when patients are severely incapacitated and cannot attend the practice.
- Please let reception know upon booking if an interpreter is needed for the consult.
- Walk-in patients are accepted and will be appropriately triaged. We do try to accommodate patients who walk into the clinic without a pre-booking appointment. in this case, you will be advised by our reception staff of the approximate time at which you will be seen by the doctor.
As a bulk billing practice, we offer bulk billing for all patients holding a valid Medicare card for all Medicare-eligible procedures.
Overseas students/visitors with eligible BUPA/AHM/NIB/Allianz/Medibank insurance are BULK BILLED for all consultations with the General Practitioners.
For patients without Medicare or eligible private health insurance, our fees are $55 for a standard consultation and $80 for initial consultation or a long consultation on weekdays, $65 for a standard consultation and $90 for initial consultation or a long consultation. Fee is payable on the day at the reception.
CONTACTING YOUR DOCTOR
Telehealth consultations are now available at Top Care Medical.
Please contact the practice and our receptionist will arrange a telehealth appointment upon request.
PATHOLOGY TESTS & X-RAYS
Our practice has Dorevitch/4Cyte Pathology on site. We offer:
- Blood sample collection
- 24 hour Holter Monitor services
X-rays and other tests can be referred to places wherever possible for your convenience.
Our practice policy is an appointment is needed to obtain your results unless your doctor has indicated something different. This cuts down on communication errors and misunderstanding. If you ring for results, please leave a message with our receptionists and they will pass the details on to your doctor. We also have a recall system to remind you of tests, investigations or appointments that need to be arranged in the future. Please let us know if you do not wish this to occur for you.
Government funded Childhood Immunisations are available at the clinic. We also offer immunisation catch-up service for children from overseas or missed vaccines.
Free Flu Vaccine is available for all people from 6 month to under 5 years, over 65 years, pregnant women, people with chronic medical conditions (e.g. asthma, diabetes) and Indigenous people. Please discuss with your doctors about other vaccine requirements.
Certain immunisations may incur an out of pocket expense. Please inquire when making the appointment with these service providers.
All your medical records are confidential. One core policy in this practice is to maintain security of personal health information at all times. This information can only be accessible for authorised staff. You have the right to access your medical information under the Federal and state privacy law. Please ask your doctor for more information.
We value feedback from any person visiting our clinic. You suggestions, remarks and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Feedback forms are available from reception and there is a ‘feedback box’ located in the waiting area.
If you have any complains, please talk to the clinic staff, and we well endeavour to address you concerns.
You can also contact the HEALTH SERVICE COMMISSIONER: 1300 582 113
Home visits may be arranged depending on doctor availability on occasions when patients are severely incapacitated and cannot attend the practice.
AFTER HOURS CONTACTS
If your situation is urgent or an emergency please call 000 or attend your closest hospital, otherwise please contact National Home Doctor Service (Bulk Billing) on 13 74 25.